Back to School and Back to Work signals back to the sniffles. This time of year it seems as if everyone and their dog is fighting off the dreaded cold these days. We know it is hard to give up your monthly awaited appointment, and you might think getting a massage could help, however we recommend rescheduling your appointment.
As Self Employed Registered Massage Therapists, when we get sick it usually means we have to cancel up to a week (sometimes longer) of appointments. Which can put a strain on our already tight schedules, and budgets.
If you are sick, unwell and unable to make your appointment please let us know within 24 hours.
Some of our GO-TO remedies we subscribe to include (but are not limited to):
- Stay home and Rest. Staying home helps to prevent the spread of germs and rest lets your body do what it is designed to do!
- Lots of Fluids. Drinking plenty of fluids to help replenish what you are losing.
- HOT TEA! Warm or Hot beverages such as Tea help to soothe the throat.
- Garlic and Ginger. Garlic has been known to have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and helps with nausea and digestion.
- Check with your Naturopath and/or Homeopath for other herbal supplements and vitamins to help boost your immune system.
- Cover your mouth! The best thing you can do to stop the spread of viruses are to cover your mouth/nose with a tissue/facemask or the nook of your arm. Long gone are the days of coughing or sneezing into your hands.
Prevention is also a big part. Our friends over at Family Acupuncture Wellness Clinic recommend bundling up with scarves to protect your throat and eating warm foods for the season changes.
So the next time you are unwell, please reschedule your appointment within our 24 hour cancellation policy. Rest up and Stay Healthy this season!